Different Types of Compounding
Have you been hearing information about the new trend in pharmaceutical companies? Did you hear about a relatively new method of creating special medical formulas?
If you have heard about it, you might already know about “pharmaceutical compounding”. This process is often used to:
– allow the manufacture of discontinued medications,
– make drug intake or consumption easier,
– enable patients to take medicines at desired dosage, and
– help people with allergies take a specific drug.
If you want to know more about how and when you could consider getting compounded medications, here’s a list of some of the different types of compounding which are often availed of by patients and clients.
- Pain Management. It is too unfortunate that numerous people have to live with chronic pain and oftentimes, their condition is unique. Because of the uniqueness of chronic diseases, patients suffering from these also need special medications which are hardly available at pharmacies. Even if the medications are available, some medicines have substantial side effects.
With the advent of pharmaceutical compounding, these people who are suffering from chronic pains can now receive personalized medications especially combined for their condition. Some of the options a client can choose from are ointments, sprays, gels and ointments and creams.
- Pediatrics. Everybody knows how difficult it would be to persuade children to consume their medication. Some kids do not like the taste of medicines available at pharmacies and other medications are not just meant to be taken in by small children because of their exorbitant dosage.
But nowadays, creating medications which children would love is already possible. By pediatric compounding, pharmacists can add a little flavor and create one with a dosage suitable for little ones like gummies, lozenges, troches, oral liquids, and lollipops.
- Geriatrics. A common difficulty among the elderly is swallowing tablets and capsules for their medication because of the drying of the mouth and esophagus. The majority of the elderly suffer from various medical conditions and they are required to take two or more drugs every day, but some of them fail to take the medications because of the drug’s dosage form.
Pharmaceutical companies like MedX Pharmacy have found a way to make it easier for these older people to take their medications- through drug compounding. Geriatric compounding solutions may come in varied forms: creams, ointments, suppositories, injections, gels, etc.
- Dermatology. Everyone is concerned about how we look. So dermatological problems like acne, eczema and psoriasis could be a very big deal; hence, we would like to cure them as soon as possible. Be that as it may, medications which are available at drugstores often have adverse side effects such as peeling, irritated skin and drying and these may aggravate the skin problem.
Through compounding solutions for dermatological concerns, the dermatologist can point out the certain skin issue and prescribe a special drug to counter the effects of the condition zeroing out the probability of side effects.
Whether you or your loved one is needing a special medical formula for a health condition, you can take advantage of pharmaceutical compounding upon the permission of your physician. Should you have any more inquiries regarding the process or service, feel free to contact your patient-friendly Compounding Pharmacy in Houston TX, MedX Pharmacy.